There are some conditions that the candidates will be required to meet for GATE eligibility. The eligibility criteria of GATE 2019 which has to be satisfied by the candidates has been listed below:
- Age Limit – There is no age limit for GATE applicants.
- Nationality – The candidates should be of Indian nationality. Candidates belonging to Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Singapore, Ethiopia and United Arab Emirates will also be eligible for GATE 2019.
- Educational Requirement – All of the candidates should have completed or be in their final year of Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Technology (B.E./B.Tech) or Post-Graduate (M.Sc) degree in any relevant science subject.
- Pass Percentage – There is no minimum pass percentage in the qualifying degree while applying for GATE 2019.
List of eligible qualifying examinations for GATE 2019
- B.Sc (Research)/B.S
- M.Sc./M.A./MCA or equivalent
- Professional Society Examination (equivalent to B.E./B.Tech/B.Arch)
- Integrated M.Sc./Intergrated B.S-M.S
- Integrated M.E/M.Tech (Post – B.Sc)
- Integrated M.E./M.Tech or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2)