Every chapter is written in a bullet-point format, which enables the students to revise and retain the difficult concepts in a very short period of time. The lucidity of the contents will alleviate the need of mugging up and, at the same time, enriching knowledge will be easier and quicker. The unique feature of the book is summarization of all the relevant topics under a common chapter. For example, a separate chapter for each of the topics, namely the health-related data, epidemiology, statistics, viva voce, laws and legislation, spots, health programs, etc. to make it easier for students to find out information about any law or data or program, etc. Family study and case study are core part of syllabus for both undergraduates (UGs) and postgraduates (PGs). Hence—theory and practical—both aspects are covered in the book. A special chapter Differences between Important Public Health Terms is going to help the students to clearly understand and learn the difficult and similar-looking concepts of the subject. For PG entrance aspirants, chapters, namely Golden Table of Important Communicable Diseases in tabular form and imagica are going to help a lot for quick revision and easy retention. The book has all the updated information from all the areas of the subject till date. A compendium of annexures is given separately at the end of the book, which is going to be very useful during MBBS professional examinations. The book is written keeping in mind the proposed syllabus by the Indian Association of Preventive and Social Medicine (IAPSM).
• Comprehensive book that replaces the need for all the supplementary books on the subject
• Contains the latest public health data, updates on national health programs and laws, along with a separate chapter for each of the topics, namely statistics and epidemiology, viva voce and spots
• All important communicable diseases given in a tabular form
• Written keeping both theory and practical aspects in mind. It also has a separate chapter devoted to the family studies and case studies
• Comprises a unique chapter on differences between important public health terms
• Student-friendly book, written in a bullet-point format
• Its lucidity makes revision of the course easier and quicker
• Covers information needed to prepare for postgraduate entrance examinations (especially image-based questions)
• Written in line with the syllabus provided by Indian Association of Preventive and Social Medicine (IAPSM)
• Useful for MBBS, MD in PSM/MPH students and other allied health disciplines students, such as physiotherapy, ayurveda, homeopathy, nursing, etc.
• This book will cater undergraduate (MBBS) and postgraduate students (PSM/MPH/Fellows), also students of other allied health disciplines, such as physiotherapy, homeopathy, nursing, etc. This book will also be helpful for health workers, health planners and health administrators.
|Author(s)||Parimal Patel, Khushbu Makadia|
|Publisher||Jaypee Brothers Medical Publisher|
|Publish Year||April 2018|
(Visited 478 times, 1 visits today)