Retail Price:₹ 1610.00/-
This classic textbook aims to assist clinicians develop the consultation skills required to elicit a clear history, and the practical skills needed to detect clinical signs of disease. Where possible, the physical basis of clinical signs is explained to aid understanding. Formulation of a differential diagnosis from the information gained is introduced, and the logical initial investigations are included for each system.
• The first part of the book addresses the general principles of good interaction with patients, from the basics of taking a history and examining, to the use of pattern recognition to identify spot diagnoses.
• The second part documents the relevant history, examination and investigations for all the major body systems.
• The third part illustrates the application of these skills to specific clinical situations.
• The final part covers preparation for assessments of clinical skills and the use of these skills in everyday practice.
• The book has accompanying videos demonstrating many of the key clinical examination routines as set out in the book.
Table of Contents
Section 1: Principles of clinical history and examination
• Managing clinical encounters with patients
• General aspects of history taking
• The value of initial observations
Section 2: System based examination
• The cardiovascular system
• The respiratory system
• The gastrointestinal system
• The nervous system
• The visual system
• The ear, nose & throat
• The endocrine system
• The reproductive system
• The renal system
• The musculoskeletal system
• The skin, hair and nails
Section 3: Applying history and examination skills in specific situations
• Babies and Children
• Patients with mental illness and learning disability
• The frail elderly
• Examining the deteriorating patient
• History and examination towards the end of life
Section 4: Putting History and Examination skills to Use
• Preparing for assessments of clinical skills
• Preparing for practice
100 % AUTHENTIC PRODUCT GUARANTEE
|Each book uploaded on our portal passes through rigorous Anti-Piracy check to ensure the book is genuine. We have teams deployed for checking the quality at multiple levels.
Team 1 : Before uploading a book we ensure each book is coming through an approved source.
Team 2 : Before an order goes for packing we checks the authenticity of the procuring source. Then only we process the order.
|Author(s)||J Alastair Innes and Anna Dover and Karen Fairhurst|
|Edition||14th International Edition|
|Publish Year||August 2018|Retail Price:₹ 1610.00/-
(Visited 60 times, 1 visits today)