· Covers the treatment and management of shock, sepsis, acute episodes of COPD and asthma, myocardial infarctions, organ failure, and other conditions and disorders.
· Provides overviews of intubation and catheterization procedures, as well as of common drug side effects and drug-drug interactions.
· Contributors hail from departments in Internal Medicine, Neurology, Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology, and Anesthesiology.
· New chapters have been added on ECLS, critical care ultrasound, rheumatology, and management of transplant patients.
· Includes concise, easy-to-read diagnosis and treatment algorithms for common conditions, plus bibliographical references for additional, in-depth reading.
· Online resources are not available with this text.
Table of Contents:
Section 1: Management of Shock
Section 2: Management of Respiratory Disorders
Section 3: Cardiac Disorders
Section 4: Electrolyte Abnormalities
Section 5: Acid Based Disorders
Section 6: Endocrine Disorders
Section 7: Oncologic Emergencies
Section 8: Temperature Regulation
Section 9: Toxicology
Section 10: Infectious Diseases
Section 11: Renal Disorders
Section 12: Hepatic Diseases
Section 13: Gastrointestinal Disorders
Section 14: Neurologic Disorders
Section 15: Haematopoeitic Disorders
Section 16: Pregnancy
Section 17: Surgical Problems
Section 18: Nutrition in the ICU
Section 19: Procedures
Section 20: End-of-Life Issues
Section 21: Appendices
|Publish Year||January 2018|
(Visited 51 times, 1 visits today)